December 5, 2015

Literary Pick (****)

Just Mercy
-Bryan Stevenson



















I first heard of this book while listening to NPR, where Bryan Stevenson, a civil rights attorney, and the founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI), was discussing the case of Mr. Walter Mcmillan, a sweet gentle black man who was falsely accused of murder in Alabama by police who perjured themselves in order to solve the murder of a white woman Ronda Morrison, and spent 6 years on death row awaiting his execution. He was sentenced by the racist Judge Robert E. Lee Key Jr.

Possibly the most powerful book I've read this year thus far, and I urge everyone to read this book. Sadly it's a book that probably won't be read by the people who need to read it the most. 

I believe this is the clip I listened to on NPR that made me want to run out and get the book.
NPR interview with Bryan Stevenson 

Walter McMillan  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home