December 16, 2015

Literary Pick (****)

Every Day Is For The Thief
-Teju Cole













I always enjoy reading books rich in culture, especially since I grew up in Puerto Rico. I feel I can relate to a lot of the stories about certain customs, traditions and political issues. This is a story about a man living in NYC, native to Nigeria returning home after many years to visit his family and friends, and describes how much his village has changed since his departure, and how much he's changed too since becoming "Americanized". I learned a lot about how serious the corruption is in Nigeria, and how many people in 3rd world foreign countries still view the U.S. and it's citizens. It was a book I would enjoy reading again, and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to learn about other cultures in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home