October 11, 2020

Literary Pick (*****)

 By Myself and Then Some

-Lauren Bacall










 

 

Not sure I was going to read this, but glad I did. One of the best autobiographies I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Mrs. Bacall lead a very interesting life, mentions  many famous people from the silver screen era, (Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, Vivienne Leigh, Gregory Peck, Katherine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe..) she talks about her marriage to Bogie, and also shares his battle with cancer. This book made me feel deeply melancholic and nostalgic.. I obviously wasn't born anywhere near that era, but I was born in a generation that still respected and admired all those incredibly talented actors. Reading books like this also depresses me because we now live in such a shit society where people don't care about these amazing stars, they only care about they're useless and meaningless lives, it's just a bunch of gross fucking mutants. Shame..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home